Print

04 April 2015

7 Dots Studio, Find some Colour

This is my entry for the March/April challenge at 7 Dots Studio.
The theme is Nature.



The photo I have chosen to use is from our recent
mini break to Marysville.  It's been 6 years since
the devastating Black Saturday fires and although
there is green all around the gorgeous town, the evidence
of the fires are still visible.


The paper I have used is from the 
7 Dots Studio Destination Unkown collection.



Typical with my style, I have added different
textures with stencils, tapes, beads and pearls.


Some crackle paste was added to the piece of chipboard.






I use Whipped Spackle with my stencil and colour
it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals.


The Element Sticker that I have used as my title 
is a from the Thoughts Keeper Collection.

It says, try to find some colour in this black and white world.

I trimmed it down and added little sticker off cuts
to make it fit into the bookplate.


The cute little resin flowers and the washi tape 
are from my fave place, D-lish Scraps



post signature

12 comments:

Lizzyc said...

That photo is amazing with the regrowth and burnt trees.. Love all the textures and colors.. Special layout!

Leslie Germain said...

Gorgeous page! LOVE that background paper!!

Pascale B. Scrap said...

Your background work is stunning with all its detail and textures! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

snazzyoriginal said...

Wonderful layout featuring a wonderful photo x

wiosanka said...

Wonderful layout!
I love the contrast beteween the composition and the background.

Thank You for joining us at 7 Dots Studio challenge this month :-)

Keren Tamir said...

wow fantastic layout and fantastic photo!! wow!! thanks for joining us at 7 Dots Studio challenge.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Fabulous composition! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

Marilyn said...

So pretty page!! love the beads and textures... Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge! x

MakaArt said...

Wonderful!

Unknown said...

Amazing page! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

Olga Siedlecka said...

Stunning piece! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

Татьяна said...

Beautiful page !Thank You for joining us at 7 Dots Studio challenge this month !